[OH-Publicity] Preview of Boston Ruby Workshop post, nearly ready

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 19 20:42:20 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Daniel Choi of the Boston Ruby Workshop has put together a post on their
first diversity outreach teaching workshop, and they're graciously
interested in cross-posting it to the OpenHatch blog.

You can see a preview link here:
https://openhatch.org/blog/?p=1382&preview=true&preview_id=1382&public=1&nonce=f0ce944c9f

If anyone has any feedback, discuss here! I'll make sure the feedback gets
addressed.

I'm aiming for about a 12 hour feedback period, and publish it first thing
Thu Sep 20 morning.

My first thoughts are:

* What amazing photos.

* The photos on the version at
http://www.railsbridgeboston.org/blog/2012_aug_recap are even more
beautifully-displayed. Maybe at the end of the first paragraph, there can
be a link to that post, with text like, "Even more photos at the post on
the RailsBridge Boston blog".

* It could use a link to RailsBridge Boston in the first paragraph, so
people know where to find future updates from the source.
http://www.railsbridgeboston.org/ seems to be the best place to add a link
to.

* It could use a <!--more--> WordPress tag after the first paragraph so it
doesn't make the main /blog/ page scroll forever.

* Trivial typo: "Vibe.Our" should have a space between the words.

Beyond that, it's an astounding, dense, enjoyable read, from my
perspective.

Daniel, can I get you to make changes related to those points? If you
want, I can serve as 'copy editor' and make them; just wanted to be sure
not to step on your toes if you want to be the one address them.

Looking forward to publishing it tomorrow!,