[OH-Publicity] Ada Lovelace Day

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Oct 18 21:04:41 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Thu Oct 18 16:05:09 -0400 2012:
> Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Oct 17 21:54:17 -0400 2012:
> > Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Oct 17 11:05:42 -0400 2012:
> > > Every year, one day is "Ada Lovelace Day," where on the web we celebrate
> > > inspirational women in science, technology, engineering, and math.
> > >
> > > That day was Tuesday Oct 16 <http://findingada.com/ald-2012/> this year,
> > > which admittedly is yesterday.
> > >
> > > I think it's okay if we put up a post on the topic today or tomorrow, and
> > > if people seem to be okay with back-dating it, that'd be fine with me.
> > > (I'm also okay with not backdating it.) We can still celebrate even if
> > > we're a little late to the party.
> > >
> > > Given that: Is there a women in science, technology, engineering, and/or
> > > math whose achievements someone on this list personally admires, in a way
> > > that's related to OpenHatch and our mission of growing the diversity and
> > > activity in free, open source software communities?
> > >
> > > I'll open the floor until about 3 PM Pacific, and hope that someone will
> > > step up to write about someone! Otherwise I might reply with an idea of my
> > > own, but I'd rather see more posts by others.
> >
> > Okay, I'll write up a note about Madeleine Price Ball, about whom you
> > can all read here: http://www.madprime.org/
>
> I present to you a draft:
>
> http://htmlpad.org/mad-post/edit
>
> http://htmlpad.org/mad-post/
>
> Let me know what y'all think! Please feel free to edit the post directly
> in HTMLpad (preferably, let me know what you did). If you prefer, feel
> very free to just reply here with feedback.

I added one more thing to the post, which maybe makes it too long, or
maybe makes it more awesome. I'm going with "more awesome. Fresh review
requested, if possible.

Unless I hear about some specific fixes to make, I'll push it to the
blog around 9 PM Eastern today. Thanks everyone for the eyeballs that
you lend!