[OH-Publicity] Upcoming posts

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 15 19:35:51 UTC 2012

I'm thinking about the next few weeks of OpenHatch blog posts.

Jessica, are you still interested in writing about onboarding first-time
contributors to GSoC and the Women's Outreach Program? We had discussed
such a post a full 3 months ago, which is now a while ago so if it doesn't
make sense to you anymore I'd understand. (I hope you are, though!)

I've just asked LWN.net by email if they'd be willing to let me guest-post
a "Reflections on Open Source Comes to Campus" note, akin to what Mike and
I cut out of the JHU post (the cut-out portion can be seen here:
http://htmlpad.org/evolving-program/edit ).

Mark H., are you still interested in writing an analysis of OpenHatch's
code per the "How to tell if a FLOSS project is doomed to FAIL" doc at
https://lwn.net/Articles/430118/ |
http://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/How_to_tell_if_a_FLOSS_project_is_doomed_to_FAIL
. Not necessarily this week, though if you want to, that'd be great.

Our next publication deadline is Monday, if we want to stick to weekly, so
I'll be curious to see what people think on this thread, and I can see if
I can come up with a topic that's doable by Monday for myself.