[OH-Publicity] This week's post: Discussing Kevin Carillo's newcomer experience survey

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Mon Nov 12 08:29:20 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Sun Nov 11 22:17:07 -0500 2012:
> Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Nov 07 19:29:01 -0500 2012:
> > Hello publicity peeps,
> >
> > This week, I want to write about Kevin Carillo's academic and also
> > practical survey on "Newcomer experience and contributor behavior in FOSS
> > communities."
> >
> > I've helped Kevin out by reviewing his survey and pointing him in the
> > direction of some hopefully friendly contacts at other projects.
> >
> > For context, the landing page for the survey is here:
> > http://kevincarillo.org/survey-invitation/
> >
> > For OH-Publicity's side, I hope to get the post written in the next
> > 1-2 days!
>
> Pardon me -- I fell ill on Friday, so I couldn't get to this. I'm
> running a draft by Kevin now, and once he and I are sure what it should
> say, I'll post here, get y'all's review, and post it!
>
> I think I'll use this photo
> https://secure.flickr.com/photos/51691575@N00/2541313664/ at the top of
> the post, since "grafting" is kind of like what it means to bring new
> contributors totally into the fold of an open source project.
>
> -- Asheesh.

Draft at http://htmlpad.org/carillo-post/

edit at http://htmlpad.org/carillo-post/edit

I'll take feedback and try to post this by ~1PM Pacific, since I know
Kevin's in a rush to get the word out. Sorry about the rushed schedule,
but I do hope to get some thoughts from the list!