[OH-Publicity] Items for November newsletter

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Mon Nov 5 22:37:03 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Mike Linksvayer's message of Mon Nov 05 16:54:33 -0500 2012:
> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Asheesh Laroia <lists at asheesh.org> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Mike Linksvayer's message of Sat Oct 20 19:48:26 -0400 2012:
> >> See skeleton http://htmlpad.org/oh-newsletter-201211/
> >> Add muscles http://htmlpad.org/oh-newsletter-201211/edit
> >>
> >> Anyone want to create a header image? You could draw something and be
> >> famous for it. :) :)
> >
> > I've added some more skeleton for you, at least; and I also suggested an
> > image! It's something from a year ago, but I think it's a goodie:
> > https://openhatch.org/blog/2011/happy-halloween/
>
> Ok, maybe close to complete. Take a look.

I fixed one typo ("even surveys" => "event surveys") and linked to my
git commit that removes all that old stuff. (-:

I'm kind of waffley about using last names of people in the "new
contributors" list; maybe it's smart to add those last names back in. I
can maybe ping them by email; I'll do that and CC: you.

I also linkified Hacker School.

I'm surprised you don't indicate the CC license of Karen's photo (then
again, what *is* the CC license?) in the attribution part.

I kind of want to talk about the changes to oh-bugimporters that are so
*nearly* done that fix bug imports, but we can probably wait for me to
write a blog post when they are done, and then we can link to that in
the newsletter.

I'd suggest waiting briefly on emails to the new contributors, and
otherwise it looks good to me if it does to you. (Mark is often a great
copy editor, so hopefully he'll chime in, too.)