[OH-Publicity] OpenHatch t-shirts!

Karen Rustad karen.rustad at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 07:33:07 UTC 2012

Here's the plan for t-shirts:

0.) Final design, unless there's something horribly wrong:
https://openhatch.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oh-t-shirt-final-design.png

1.) Tomorrow morning, assuming that the OH Wordpress install stops
being broken, I post a blog post announcing t-shirt pre-orders. Along
with the announcement post we have a form
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEUxYWdHcEJxTGNVSDNTdnJmQ1paZHc6MQ#gid=0)
to see who's interested in a shirt and collect their name, email,
sizing info, etc. (They're not "real" pre-orders since we're not yet
taking people's money, since the PayPal account is still a blocker,
but oh well.)

2.) A week later (February 28), based on the responses we've gotten
(plus some extra shirts for giveaways, etc.) we send in an order to
Social Imprints. Their price quote was $17.50 a shirt for 30 shirts,
or $525; so far I've been telling people to expect $20 a shirt, to
account for shipping costs or other risks, and because it's a nice
round number. I'm budgeting $600 for the operation, unless we get some
massive number of pre-orders.

3.) After Social Imprints confirms our order, we email our pre-order
people and link them to a PayPal page where they can formally order
and pay for their shirts. (Assuming our PayPal account is up and
running by then.)

We should receive the printed shirts before PyCon, where we can
distribute them to probably a goodly number of the people who will be
interested in them! The rest of the distribution (especially non-Bay
area, non-Boston) will be handled post-PyCon.

Sound good?

-- Karen