[OH-Publicity] Draft of PSF blog post on the Boston Python Workshop grant

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 10 15:46:22 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jessica McKellar's message of Wed Nov 09 21:56:18 -0500 2011:
> Hi folks,
>
> We are writing a blog post on the PSF's grant to the Boston Python Workshop
> for the PSF blog (http://pyfound.blogspot.com/).

Ya-hoo!

One general note: Skimming the PyFound blog, their blog posts are way less
exciting than ours is. We have photos; we use the first person; and we talk
about why our work is important.

I think that might be okay, but it might raise eyebrows from reviewers within
PSF. But we're members of PSF, so maybe it's especially okay.

I added a note to the top saying this is a guest post by you as an attempt
to indicate to readers that we might break from the existing style.

> Here is the current draft of the post: http://openetherpad.org/ifGIll9y9V
>
> We'd love to hear your thoughts! Does this post make you want to attend or
> run your own workshop? Does it get you excited about the prospect of
> awesome outreach events in your city?

I think it does a great job of setting out what the workshop is and why it
is great, and I'm glad that it mentions the opportunity for other user groups
to jump in and work with us.

> One question we have is if there is a reasonable place to mention that this
> is an OpenHatch event without being too abrupt or contextless about what
> OpenHatch is.

I tried to add another section like that to "results". Jessica, what do you make
of it?