[Peers] Idea: Creating criteria for deciding which open source projects are good for newcomers

Selena Deckelmann selena at chesnok.com
Sat Aug 4 20:12:24 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Evan Prodromou <evan at status.net> wrote:
> I like the piratepad idea.
>
> I threw up some rough scoring criteria and did a quick evaluation of
> StatusNet.

Wow!  Thank you so much.  Love the criteria.  I added a couple!

http://piratepad.net/first-time-contributor-review

I'm thinking of turning that landing page into the head of the kraken.
I'd love to leave the evaluation of StatusNet on this page, and then
link to lots of other projects from there.

I'm going to do an evaluation of PostgreSQL now. :)

I'm working on another project with Ward Cunningham, and this
evaluation system actually works really well in it.

See: http://selenamarie.fed.wiki.org/view/first-time-contribution-evaluations

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com