[Peers] Idea: Creating criteria for deciding which open source projects are good for newcomers

Kartik Agaram ak at akkartik.com
Sat Aug 4 01:26:24 UTC 2012

Especially great idea. My 4-word mantra for projects: be welcoming to
outsiders. There's a strong case to be made that this is a primary
growth driver: http://evilbrainjono.net/blog?permalink=1094

One criterion I've been thinking about: whether responses to bug
reports actually engage with the reporter.

But you can't boil these things down to a list of criteria to be
graded on. http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2010/07/26/a-big-little-idea-called-legibility