[Peers] Idea: Creating criteria for deciding which open source projects are good for newcomers

Greg Grossmeier greg at grossmeier.net
Sat Aug 4 01:01:25 UTC 2012

<quote name="Asheesh Laroia" date="2012-08-03" time="20:49:34 -0400">
> Howdy Peers,

Howdy!
> P.S. Now that I've put these thoughts into words, I think the best
> thing might be to go through a few (or a few dozen) "getting
> involved" pages and write a short outline of the good points and bad
> points about each one. It might be great to get others involved in
> that, too. Then we can reverse that list to identify the common
> problems, verify those with people who are new to open source, and
> work from there.

I think you are right with this. I'd be down taking one or two getting
involved pages and writing down what I like/dislike about them.

I'll take an obvious one, Ubuntu:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/get-involved

Let me know where to dump my thoughts :)

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| http://grossmeier.net           A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |