[Peers] Rough sketch of products

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun Sep 11 14:42:26 UTC 2011

> 1 Campus outreach events

I was psyched to read about the first such event at U Penn
(http://opensource.com/life/10/11/introducing-students-world-open-source-day-1
and
http://opensource.com/life/10/11/introducing-students-world-open-source-day-2)
and wasn't sure what's happened since -- are there any materials out
there, and how would a university replicate such an event?

I'm asking because (as Asheesh and some others here might guess) I work
on the flip side of that equation, with professors who are getting their
classes involved in open source communities, and we do a weekend
workshop for that audience
(http://www.communityleadershipteam.org/posse) that would be FANTASTIC
to hook with a student parallel.

How to find out what's up with this, and to find a target where we can
teach a POSSE (for professors) the same weekend as a campus outreach
(for students), then bring the two groups together for lunches, etc and
a pow-wow at the end? (Possibly a new discussion thread.)

--Mel