[Peers] Welcome to Peers (at OpenHatch)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Mon Jan 4 03:32:02 UTC 2010

Hey everyone,

This is a mailing list for discussing how to make openhatch.org more useful
and exciting. Thanks for being willing to help!

(If that's not why you're here, then feel free to lurk, but you might want to
unsubscribe.)

The purpose of OpenHatch is to build web tools to make free software and open
source more fun and more rewarding. I wrote recently in a blog post that I
want to "increase contributor retention by increasing joy" (*).

Right now, the website provides a volunteer opportunity finder and a search
engine for starting points for new contributors. I want to expand that, and
shortly I'll be emailing with some ideas for that. I want to get some
vigorous discussion going on about them!

So welcome. The first time you send an email to this list, introduce yourself.

(A few of you were on a different list also called Peers. That list is
now closed. It had private archives, and I wanted to start fresh with public
archives. So everyone, send your emails here, peers at lists.openhatch.org.)

-- Asheesh.

*. "Diversity in Free Software: South Asians as an example",
http://www.asheesh.org/note/debian/indians.html

--
"Elves and Dragons!" I says to him.  "Cabbages and potatoes are better
for you and me."