[Peers] General how-to on 'contributing to free software'

Erlend Sogge Heggen e.soghe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 23:31:16 UTC 2010

*
Hi,

My name is Erlend and I manage the
jMonkeyEngine<http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/> project.
I rediscovered this site just a couple days ago and now I'm excited to see
what might come out of my newfound involvement with OpenHatch.org. Starting
light, a single question:

   1. Are you aware of a general yet exhaustive guide on 'how to contribute
   to an open source, free software project'?
   2. If 'no' to the above, I want to make that list, starting with a
   modified version of the one I've made for
jME<http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/contribute>,
   combined with several other big ones already in existence. I think
   OpenHatch.org might be just the place for such a collaborative list.

I'd very much like to do this project because I believe there's not enough
focus on the countless amount of simple things that can be done by
anyonewho would like to dedicate a little bit of their time to lend
their favorite
open source project a helping hand.

I've got a couple more ideas aimed directly at OpenHatch.org functionality,
but I'll bring that up in separate threads.

Best regards,

~ Erlend Sogge Heggen
*