[Pdxpw-staff] Resources to preview

Michelle Rowley mrowley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:21:34 UTC 2012

Hey mentors,

As Kevin suggested, I've put together a summary of resources to preview for the workshop this weekend. I'm sorry I haven't done this sooner.

The Friday material can be found here: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday. The attendees will work through these steps at their own pace, asking for help as needed. First, they'll install Python and learn how to run it. Then they go through a short Python tutorial and begin practicing with CodingBat. They'll need a mentor to help them with a final check-off.

Highlights:
     - Post-installation tutorial: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday/Tutorial
     - CodingBat intro + exercises: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday/CodingBat_Using_Codingbat
     - Final check-off: https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6/Friday#Goal_.239:_Checkoff

On Saturday after the lecture and lunch, we'll work on a project together. There are three projects used in Boston Python Workshops, but we're just going to do the Colorwall project this time around. Here are the slides: http://mit.edu/jesstess/www/BostonPythonWorkshop6/ColorWall.pdf.

We'll chat more about the specifics of how things will go down when we meet on Thursday. See you then!
Michelle

On Jun 18, 2012, at 1:06 PM, Kevin Turner wrote:

> Sounds like a plan.  Given that's the night before our workshop, is there anything we should familiarize ourselves with beforehand?  I've been looking a bit at the course material from https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_Workshop_6

---
Michelle Rowley
@pythonchelle
http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython