[OSCTC-planning] NSF-funded Open Source in Academia workshop

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 3 17:45:41 UTC 2014

Dear OSCTC-y academic people,

There is a workshop going on, sponsored by the NSF, at the Red Hat offices,
about embedding open source within academia:

http://lists.teachingopensource.org/pipermail/tos/2014-August/005244.html

If you're on this list, or generally an academic interested in open source
software being more a part of academia, you will likely get a lot out of
going!

I bet it would be super useful to get a sense of how the Teaching Open
Source community takes a different approach. It's also a whole different
community to network within. (That, and my secret agenda for sending this
email is to help create even more bridges between our communities!)

Cheerio,

Asheesh.