[OSCTC-planning] install privileges and our curriculum

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 18:40:04 UTC 2014

Good call.  I think thumb drives might work, although I'm not super
familiar with them so I have the following questions:

- With a live cd/thumb drive, can you save documents, install programs,
etc?  Or is everything new again each time you boot from it?
- How wide a range of architectures do these things support?  What
questions do I need to ask about the computers I'll be booting them on?
- How expensive are they likely to be per drive?  I'd love to be able to
just give them to our students.

CCing Kate/Kep, a friend of mine who is interested in figuing this stuff
out.

- Shauna