[OSCTC-planning] mentorship and other ways to follow up with Open Source Comes to Campus attendees

Heidi Ellis ellis at wne.edu
Sat Oct 11 15:59:13 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

I like this idea very much. And I think that the proposed structure (mentor/mentee queues, discrete tasks, etc.).   I really like the idea of pairing mentees as this will both help grow community and also provide mentees with a feeling that they’re not alone in asking questions.

My one thought is what is the path for mentees to become mentors. Do we have a way to grow mentors?  For mentees to mentor in the future? Not that this is a requirement, but that some mentees may want to mentor when they get up to speed.

Just my 2 cents.
Heidi