[OSCTC-planning] mentorship and other ways to follow up with Open Source Comes to Campus attendees

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at panix.com
Fri Oct 10 15:38:39 UTC 2014

Sorry for the delayed response, and for a fairly critical tone I'm about
to take. I want Pairs to be as appealing as possible!

"Pairs is a new mentoring program run by OpenHatch." -- could we use a
word less overloaded than "program", that does not imply that it's
primarily software?

"Mentored Pairs, where one collaborator is a mentor and the other is
being mentored" I might use "teacher" and "learner".

Can you talk a little about "For any of the above options you did not
check, please explain why you are not interested in them."? This feels a
little interrogate-y -- maybe this is a question we should ask only
person-to-person, once we have been able to start building a
relationship with the participant.

"Here are some common goals people might have." I like it! It helps
people see what's possible! Yay discoverability.

"Please briefly talk about your past experiences with open source."  A
suggested wordcount will probably help people (e.g.
http://hackerschool.com/apply has one I think) do this "briefly" without
worrying as much.

I like how you did the demographic questions.

best,
Sumana