[OSCTC-planning] schools to contact for this fall

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Sat Jul 12 15:43:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Shauna Gordon-McKeon <shaunagm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am tempted to go ahead and contact all of them.  It's possible that the
> more restricted schedule means that we'll get a lower % of contacted
> schools running events. But perhaps this is a terrible plan?  If we somehow
> got 30 schools wanting to run an event that would be pretty overwhelming.
>
> Thoughts?  Advice?  Suggestions for schools to contact on the diversity
> outreach front?

I think you should contact all of them, and if you get too many then let
them know you have a backlog and see if they want to do something in the
spring. How well does it work to run simultaneous events? I don't know if
there is a large enough pool of volunteers with experience to run things at
the same time.

Btw I invited Matt T. to the planning list -- he's recently moved to
Champaign and I don't know if you've contacted the school yet. He's
interested in running events.

shekay at pobox.com