[OSCTC-planning] new curriculum page for event websites, and curriculum browser

Heidi Ellis ellis at wne.edu
Fri Aug 1 16:05:28 UTC 2014

Hi Folks,

The materials are really good! I like that you’ve included “extras” for folks who get done with the regular work early. I also like that there are self-guided versions.  Nice work!!

I went through most of the material, but not all. Found a few minor things:

1.       In the “Practice navigating from the command line” section for Windows and OS X, it would help to describe how to get the command line open. I know that a fair number of students may not know this.

2.       The Logos in the Self-Guided tour portion of “What is Open Source” are very large. Only two fit in the screen. I’m using Firefox 3.0.  The Logos were fine in the same slide in the regular slide deck.

3.       For some reason, the Newcomer Tasks is in really small font:
http://openhatch.github.io/open-source-comes-to-campus/lessons/newcomer-tasks/setup/#/

Great job!
Heidi