[mpw-staff] < 2 weeks out, checking in

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 02:11:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Jessica McKellar
<jessica.mckellar at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am happy to lecture -- I just don't want to subvert my main goal, which is
> making sure you all get the experience you need to be able to run a totally
> locally supported version of this workshop.

Mel and I are both experienced speakers, and I (for one) don't feel
like I need the raw experience in front of a classroom - but seeing
you do the workshop lecture in particular would be very valuable.  So
I think that would actually support the goal rather than subvert it.

It seems logical that you, Mel, and I should each lead one of the
project groups.  Does anyone want to call dibs on one or the other?

> A meeting sounds great. Do any of these times work for folks (all EST):
>
> - noon tomorrow (4/8)
> - 8pm Monday (4/9)
> - 8pm Tuesday (4/10)

Oops, too late for noon today (wouldn't have worked anyway).  Monday
or Tuesday would for me, though.

> Checking the meetup.com page, I see 21 RSVPs. Is a second wave of
> advertisements going out in the next day or two?

Mel's made a reminder, but we need instructions from Calvin from
IndyPy to actually get it out - I've got an email out to him, but I'll
follow it up with a phone call in the morning.  We've sent an expanded
announcement to IndyPy with urgings that they pass it along - do you
think we should send the announcement again to the list of mailing
lists you recommended earlier?  I'm working on where and how else to
get the word out - I'd love to get the word out in high schools, for
instance, but haven't figured out how yet.  I'm hoping to get a
physical flyer made and posted in public libraries, too.

Thanks,
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com