[Greenhouse] Beta Testing qq3dh7w-kevin-mm0v6n6 10 05 2013

Kevin Mueller kevin at urbanfields.net
Sat Oct 5 02:34:17 UTC 2013

Hi

1. What problems did you run into while trying to accomplish basic
tasks the first time you used this interface?

As I am not a DD myself I have no way of judging the skills or the
contributions of the newcomer in general. Hence I didn't know what to
write on the whiteboard either. Also the meaning and purpose of the
Whiteboard were not immediately clear to me. I asked myself what
purpose would a list of the (possible) skills I note down of this
newcomer serve?

Also I don't understand the 'Uploads per release' graph.

2. Once you learned the interface, what changes would make tasks
easier to perform?

Either not let non-DD's loose on it or add more example text for
better understanding of what the whiteboard expects of me.

3. Are there any changes that can be made to the interface to reduce
the frequency or severity of errors you made while using it?

4. Are there any nonintuitive or tricky parts to the interface that
you have to remind yourself how to use?

Nothing besides the confusing Ubuntu login interface

5. What aspects of the interface do find annoying and what changes to
the interface would make it more pleasant?

6. Is there a feature that is not present that definitely needs to be
added?

7. Any random comments?

If we want non DD's on the Advisory Team (the name suggests maybe not)
there should be an email template that takes the fact into account
that such people can't judge the quality of the work by the newcomers
and the interface would need to address that too (see my whiteboard
issue above). I didn't actually send any emails now and the recording
didn't work.

Hope this is still helpful.
Thanks for your work.
Greetings,