[Greenhouse] Contributor stages in the DAT

David Lu daveeloo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 21:31:44 UTC 2013

This is directed to Andrew specifically, but I would love to hear comments
from everyone else.

Hi Andrew,
My main question for you is how did you decide the criteria for the
different stages and terms for contributors? I'm trying to get more insight
into this so we can define more Debian specific stages. I'm abstracting the
stages right now so they are easier to tweak, and in version 2 I'm probably
going to move it to the Django admin. These are the terms and stages as I
understand them. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Terms:
is_active- last_upload < 4 months
ppu_candidates-list of packages uploaded by a person more than 5 times
The stages as I understand:
first_timers- !ubuntu_dev && (first_upload < 3 months)
experienced- !ubuntu_dev && (total_uploads > 40) && is_active
inactive/lost- (total_uploads > 5) && (2 months < last_upload < 1 year)
potential_devs- (total_uploads > 40) && is_active && !ubuntu_dev &&
(first_upload < 6 months)
recent- last_upload < 2 months
I remember vaguely from somewhere that experienced also includes 7 uploads
of one package, but I can't find that code or information anywhere. Maybe I
remembered wrong? Also, people are experienced people are contacted after
their 40th

Also, if anyone has any insights from Debian about the different stages
that Debian contributors go through, please share.