[Foss-outreach-india] getting started

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 15:13:05 UTC 2014

Hello again, everyone!

It seems like the best way to get started is to try a short, easy to run
event and see what challenges arise in the process.  We ran a short event
at a school in April that went well.

To do this, we need:

1)  One or more people willing to be the local organizer for an event.
 This person or persons should be able to get a space to host an event.  We
usually use this checklist (https://openhatch.org/wiki/OSCTC_space_checklist)
but can figure out alternatives if the space we find can't meet all of
those criteria.  This person should also be comfortable leading the event.
 The event can include mostly self-guided activities, but we will need
someone to let people know what activities to do.

2)  People willing to look over our plan for the event and help spot places
where we'll need to change things to fit different needs.  Anyone on this
list can help us do this, even if you can't make the first event.

Looking forward to your replies,
Shauna