[Events] Python Project Night mentoring

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Feb 18 16:36:42 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

I like the guides that Shauna has worked out with the group for OSCTC and
events in general. Perhaps some of you who have been running project nights
would be willing to mentor us by providing content suggestions for guides.

Earlier Ned mentioned ensuring that there are enough power outlets, for
example. That is something I'll have on a logistics checklist.

https://github.com/codersquid/chicago-project-night/issues

I've got some issues to track what might good to have up front. I'm going
to settle on something by the end of this week so I can send some guides to
people who have volunteered to help. I am thinking of what I might suggest
to volunteers

* advice on "floating" (assign a couple of people to float?)
* boundaries for helping (don't help too much, don't ignore?)

I think perhaps even just a small paragraph to start. I will know more as
we have more project nights. I am willing to bet there are regional
differences, so I want to start small without being too prescriptive.

--
sheila