[Events] Requesting CSS/Bootstrap help for: Guide for running great in-person new contributor events

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Dec 13 15:28:50 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I was wondering if someone was interested in helping style an online
handbook that Shauna made (and I will be reviewing soon).

The goal is to provide a small handbook of tested tips for projects
preparing for an in-person "sprint"/"hackathon", and in the absence of any
help, the output will look like this:

http://user-groups-beta.openhatch.org/

It's a doc created by Sphinx (a Python-y docs toolkit) that outputs static
HTML that uses Bootstrap.

If you would like to make such a document more visually appealing, we'd
love your help! We hope to have it ready for publication by the end of the
weekend. Probably you'll want to find Shauna and me (by email? by IRC
#openhatch) and make sure we see eye-to-eye on how we expect people to use
it, so that can guide what gets emphasized and de-emphasized. But if you
want to just try your hand at it and submit some CSS, then that'd possibly
be okay too.

The first step should be to reply to this email, so others on this list
know that it's being taken care of!