[Events] 5th Philadelphia Python Workshop

Dana Bauer dana.bauer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 19:38:29 UTC 2013

Hi Open Hatch friends,

Last weekend, 25 students graduated from our 5th Philadelphia Python
Workshop. I wrote about it on the Open Hatch blog:
https://openhatch.org/blog/2013/celebrating-five-and-counting-python-workshops-for-women-in-philadelphia/.
We got lots of feedback about the well-paced BPW curriculum and our
friendly and helpful instructors:

"Thanks for a great weekend of Python! I learned so much and it was nice to
start learning in an environment where where there was so much support and
guidance."

"Thank you for the awesome Python introduction class. The best food for the
programming mind. Loved the class and excited using Python. My startup
trouble for learning python is over. Looking for more mind boggling
sessions!"

"It was so good to get started with Python in an interactive environment
where there was lots of help when I needed it!"

"Great way to get started in programming. "Picking the best data structure
solves half your problem." In this case, picking intuitive teachers does
:)."

We now have about 20 folks on our instructor email list and about 8-10
regulars who help at workshops and project nights. We've started to offer
workshops through other meetup groups in the Philly area. Exciting!

Cheers,
Dana

--
Dana Bauer