[Events] BostonRB Project

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Jun 7 17:11:30 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Chris McMahon's message of Thu Jun 07 10:07:50 -0400 2012:
> Hi Daniel,
>

> > I'm introducing myself to this mailing list now because three weeks ago,
> > everything changed for the Boston Ruby Community. There were stirrings
> > of malaise in the Boston Ruby mailing list about our lack of diversity
> > and beginner-friendliness.
>

> This is a great story, and one of the things I love about the Ruby
> community (MINSWAN: Matz is nice so we are nice).
>
> Is there a post-event blog somewhere I could refer to?  A quick google
> showed me some pre-event discussion on Meetup, but if there is a post-event
> blog entry or something, I would like to refer to it in a few public
> places.  I've been part of the Ruby Watir/Selenium community from the very
> beginning, and many users of browser test automation tools are newbies
> without a formal programming background, this would be of great interest.

I haven't seen a blog post, but I definitely encourage Daniel to write
up this story on the OpenHatch blog. I can even try to edit it based on
what you wrote to the mailing list if you don't have time to put it
together yourself, Daniel.

Also, if you have any photos from the event, I'd love to put one at the
top of the post!