[Events] Gearing up for WMF Hackathon exit survey

Nick Gwynne nzg at berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 24 18:01:33 UTC 2012

Typically, you want to ask demographic questions at the end of the survey,
to avoid biasing things. You also might want age, especially if you want to
make some of the specific claims about who you were getting to contribute
to Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects for the first time (I know the age
range was a surprise to me).

I edited the document according little bit, but it mostly looks good. I'd
say one of the other major things you might consider is a battery of more
specific and detailed questions. If you send it out as is, do make sure you
indicate that it shouldn't take very long (give a rough estimate of time),
as this will increase your response rate.

I'm happy to generate some more specific questions, but I'm not sure how
fruitful that would be. Let me know.

Nick Gwynne