[Events] What is appealing about hack-day?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Wed Jan 4 23:27:16 UTC 2012

One adjective I always use when describing the Boston project nights is
"unstructured".  Some early attendees thought that everyone would be
working on the same thing, like a sprint, which is definitely not what
we are aiming for.

One feature of project nights that wasn't in the 1-7 list:  "Meet
like-minded people."  When I look around our project nights, I see a lot
of people just talking, even the ones who came with a specific coding
project in mind.  Some of them are talking about their projects, but
it's pretty clear that a lot of them are just talking, glad to have
found someone with interest like their own.

--Ned.