[Events] Lessons from the newcomer side of the Hackathon (fwd)

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Aug 21 22:04:52 UTC 2012

Dear OpenHatch Events,

Mike and I helped organize the Wikimania Hackathon, aiming to build a
newcomer-oriented track into the Wikimania Hackathon.

This is the wrap-up email I sent to the Wikimedia tech mailing list. There
was only reply, in case you're interested in following the thread:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2012-July/062066.html

If y'all have any thoughts, I'd love to hear.

-- Asheesh.