[Events] Status update on Django+alwaysdata tutorial

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Mar 3 22:00:01 UTC 2011

https://openhatch.org/wiki/Boston_Python_workshop/Friday_handout is done.
I've:

* Written directions for Mac, Windows, and Debian/Ubuntu
* Tested the Mac and Windows ones
* Tested the section about deploying to alwaysdata.com

I hope someone brings some Mac and Windows machines to the setup time so
that we can work out any remaining kinks.

(And Jessica, while it's true that ColorWall doesn't require anything
except a text editor and Python, getting both those things going on
Windows is still something of a challenge. It's handled in the Windows
directions now, anyway!)

I still have to finish translating the Django tutorial to this
environment. I will test+do that it by tomorrow afternoon. (If it's any
consolation, I believe dependency setup and deployment workflow were the
hard parts. Those are now nailed-down.)

Q:	What do you call a WASP who doesn't work for his father, isn't a
 	lawyer, and believes in social causes?
A:	A failure.