[Events] MS Nerd room request blurb

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Mon Jan 24 04:11:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011, Ned Batchelder wrote:

> Hi all, I'm Ned Batchelder, the organizer of the Boston Python meetup.
> I'm excited about the prospects for this event.
>
> If you make this an event of the meetup, then the URL hosting is solved,
> and you can use the event RSVP's and so on, from the meetup.com site.
> You should get the dates from NERD as soon as possible.  Send Leah the
> request *now*, you can fill in the details later.

I am excited about making it an event of the Boston Python Meetup, too!
I'm fine with that plan. I don't know how to do it, having ever set up
Meetup.com event.

If we can leave that part blank and figure it out later, fine by me.

(Although I admit I'm proud of my penn.openhatch.org site!)

> I have no idea how scheduling a full Saturday will work, both at the
> NERD, and with the participants themselves, but I like the aggressive
> schedule.

I'm excited about the schedule for now. We'll see how crazy it is! (-:

(If we can't get NERD, we can look into other venues. Or something.)

You will reach the highest possible point in your business or profession.