[Events] Open source comes to campus: website in beta

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Fri Aug 12 21:17:10 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jack Grigg's message of Fri Aug 12 17:12:12 -0400 2011:
> Nice website! Fancy running anything in NZ? =P

I totally could if I could arrange travel funding. If you think there's
a non-zero chance your university would pay, then we should try to
make it happen...

> Will you want this moved to the OSL server as well? Being stored in a
> Git repo, it makes it kinda easy =)

(yes! but let's call it non-critical for now. I can handle adding
one-offs like this to Puppet when we get closer to deploying. Or,
I suppose, so can you! You'll notice these are under a special
user ID that controls them.)

> Also, one slight niggle - I'm pretty sure your past event at UPenn
> wasn't run over September 25-26, 2011 (assuming the validity of standard
> laws of physics and the current absence of time machines faster than 1
> second per second forwards).

You're the physics expert here. Good catch.

Fixed!