[Events] Hosting a women's Python workshop in LA

Nate Aune nate at djangozoom.com
Tue Apr 12 18:54:56 UTC 2011

Hi Audrey,

Great to hear that you're organizing a Python workshop in LA!  I spoke with
Jessica and Asheesh last night at the Boston Python meetup (
http://meetup.bostonpython.com/events/17083319/), and mentioned that we're
happy to provide free DjangoZoom accounts for use in deploying Django apps
during the class.

I know that Gregg Lind with PyStar used DjangoZoom for his last class in
Minneapolis and it worked well.

We're also very interested in building a Django Starter Kit that would
include everything that you need to get started building Django
applications. The goal would be to eliminate the need to hunt around for all
the necessary dependencies to even begin building an app, and to bundle
commonly recommended tools for debugging such as the Django debug toolbar.

Let us know if you'd like to help put something like this together.

thanks,
Nate