[Events] Planning the Penn event by email

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Sep 15 20:46:19 UTC 2010

Hey Yuvi, I created this list and put you on it. Welcome. (-:

A few random thoughts going forward, since we're co-organizing this:

* Please CC: me (and I'll CC: you) as you do things like send out
emails advertising the event.

* Keep the http://piratepad.net/penn-event to-do list up-to-date

My top priorities are:

1. finding module leaders
2. doing outreach to get people to come to the event
3. finalizing the curriculum

So I'll work on (1) right now.

I sketched out some changes for (3) at
http://asheesh.org/scratch/Penn_open_source_hackathon

In particular, I chatted with Mel this afternoon about using some of the
POSSE curriculum, and it's giving me ideas. I'm very excited about getting
that more fully fleshed-out.

Gonna hurry and work on finding module leaders now.

Do not overtax your powers.