[OH-Dev] Invitation to 'adopt pytest month'

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:20:26 UTC 2015

Hello openhatchers!

I am a contributor to the testing library pytest, and in April we are
holding "adopt pytest month". We are inviting open source Python
projects who are interested in possibly taking up pytest, to be paired
with experienced pytest users, who can help them convert and write
tests, and show ways to make the most of pytest. More info here:
https://pytest.org/latest/adopt.html

Pytest tests typically require much less boilerplate and feel more
"Pythonic" than unittest style tests, and there are also 100+ plugins
available, as well as many API hooks for writing your own
customisations. (Although, it can run unittest style tests by default,
as well as nose and doctests.) So... we think it's pretty cool and
have lots of volunteers eager to help spread the love.

Carol & I explored using pytest with openhatch at PyCon US last year,
and didn't get very far, but that was mainly because I'm not very
familiar with Django. We have a lot of volunteers who have a lot more
experience with it than me, so I feel certain that that is not a
particularly difficult hurdle. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

cheers,
Brianna

http://modernthings.org/