[OH-Dev] Need some guidance on how to handle Issue 971

Eeshan Garg jerryguitarist at gmail.com
Fri May 9 14:37:06 UTC 2014

Hi!

I am a new contributor and I created an issue a couple of weeks ago
regarding the <tt> tag (deprecated in HTML5). More details at: <
http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue971>. I proposed some solutions to this
problem and needed some guidance as to whether they were okay and worth
implementing, but there was no activity on the issue. So, I asked for
advice on IRC and was told that I should ask aldeka or paulproteus about
this.

On IRC, I was also told that the solution that I proposed (link above) is
okay but was advised to get a +1 from paulproteus first before making a
commit. I tried to contact paulproteus on IRC but I guess due to the time
differences, didn't hear back from him (I also checked the IRC logs). I was
told on IRC that if I couldn't contact paulproteus on IRC, I should post my
query to the mailing list.

So I would really appreciate it if paulproteus could give me a little bit
of guidance as to what I should I do next. I am really looking forward to
put in the time and effort to work on and resolve this task, but as I am
new to programming and open source, I just need a pointer from time to
time. Also, a big thanks to the OpenHatch community, you guys are amazing,
I am learning a lot and having a lot of fun. :)

Thanks & regards,
Eeshan Garg
<https://github.com/eeshangarg>