[OH-Dev] [issue1016] Cron <deploy at linode> cd $HOME/milestone-a ; ./mysite/scripts/run_with_lock.sh python manage.py profile_hourly_tasks 2>&1 | grep -v DeprecationWarning | grep -v 'import ' | grep -v SubfieldBase (fwd)

eeshangarg bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Jul 16 17:38:23 UTC 2014

eeshangarg <jerryguitarist at gmail.com> added the comment:

Made a pull request: https://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/pull/304

I tested my fix by typing the following command into the command line manually:
./mysite/scripts/run_with_lock.sh python manage.py profile_hourly_tasks 2>&1 |
grep -v DeprecationWarning | grep -v 'import ' | grep -v SubfieldBase

I am not sure whether this is the best way to test this, but
profile_hourly_tasks.py does not throw an exception after this fix and test.
paulproteus also suggested that I write a unittest for this command but I wasn't
able to figure out how to do this as I have never worked with tests before. I
would be willing to work on the tests but I feel that I would need some guidance
from paulproteus to do this. :)

Thanks & regards,
Eeshan Garg

status: chatting -> need-review