[OH-Dev] [issue916] Remove mysite.base.unicode_sanity.urlencode

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Jan 6 01:23:41 UTC 2014

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

In mysite/base/unicode_sanity.py we have our own custom wrapper around
urlencode() that is, I believe, totally equivalent to
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/ref/utils/#django.utils.http.urlencode

This bug tracks us going through the codebase and removing all references to
mysite.base.unicode_sanity.urlencode() and replacing them with calls to
django.utils.http.urlencode().

The reason to do this code removal is that the more we use Django built-in
functions, the more we can rely on Django's excellent documentation rather than
hvae to write our own.

This *should* be bitesize, but it might not be; if you try it and run into
problems, by all means speak up on this bug.

keyword: bitesize
messages: 4027
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Remove mysite.base.unicode_sanity.urlencode