[OH-Dev] [issue930] Write a bot that provides automatic code style feedback

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Feb 2 21:53:20 UTC 2014

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

I noticed at https://github.com/openhatch/oh-mainline/pull/178 that some of the
feedback was purely stylistic, and a bot could provide some of that feedback in
speedier fashion.

Therefore, I propose that someone use a tool (e.g.
https://github.com/justinabrahms/imhotep ) to automatically comment with style
feedback like this, on our pull requests.

http://developer.github.com/v3/repos/hooks/ is the documentation on how to set
up
GitHub to ping a web service when a pull request gets filed.

The aforementioned imhotep could then run some analysis, and leave a comment.

It could run on vm3.openhatch.org, or it could run on Heroku, or somewhere else.

messages: 4088
nosy: paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Write a bot that provides automatic code style feedback