[OH-Dev] Login team, vs. commit access

Mark Holmquist mtraceur at member.fsf.org
Tue Apr 15 21:27:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 05:17:03PM -0400, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> I guess we could end up in a situation where code is pushed but not yet
> deployed.

FWIW the way WMF handles this is by having branches for code that is
deployed on sites - then every time that branch is updated (including
when it is created) it must be created by people that can (and do) deploy
it immediately.

Mostly this is enforced by social contract, but you could maybe accomplish
it more usefully in your system by having an organization called "openhatch"
and then an organization called "openhatch-deploy" both of which have
a copy of oh-mainline but one of which is is a fork that is the currently-
deployed version.

Spitballing :)

--
Mark Holmquist