[OH-Dev] [issue905] Tar ball mission: unsuccesfull when compressing with respect of current folder

FilesUnknown bugs at openhatch.org
Fri Nov 15 18:38:22 UTC 2013

New submission from FilesUnknown <eeknaak at gmail.com>:

if you use the setup "tar zcvf myproject-0.1.tar.gz ./myproject-0.1"
instead of           "tar zcvf myproject-0.1.tar.gz myproject-0.1"
the error "An unexpected entry "./myproject-0.1" is present".
As far as I know myproject-0.1 is the exact same as ./myproject-0.1
semantically. I would consider this a bug because there is no need to yell at
the person for being correct in a different way. I accept I maybe wrong that
this may cause major headaches in certain situations that I don't know.

files: Picky about current directory.png
messages: 3952
milestone: 0.13.10
nosy: FilesUnknown, paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Tar ball mission: unsuccesfull when compressing with respect of current folder

Roundup issue tracker <bugs at openhatch.org>
<https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue905>