[OH-Dev] [issue779] oh-bugimporters: when a bug tracker moves base_url, what do we do with the old bug objects?

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Oct 31 16:02:25 UTC 2012

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

In the case of the Django bug tracker, they moved from http://... to https://...
and that means that our old Bug objects with canonical_bug_link == http://...

Reasonable options are:

* In oh-mainline, when we detect that an old canonical_bug_url redirects to a new
URL, issue a deletion notice for the old bug. Then, when oh-mainline reads the
scraping result, it will delete the corresponding bug.

* Do nothing, and when we run into this problem, log into the deployment to do a
manual cleanup.

* (other ideas?)

messages: 3478
nosy: paulproteus
priority: feature
status: unread
title: oh-bugimporters: when a bug tracker moves base_url, what do we do with the old bug objects?