[OH-Dev] Goal List udpate?

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Mon Oct 22 23:38:41 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Jacquie Flemming's message of Mon Oct 22 14:34:33 -0400 2012:
> Hi All!
>
> Asheesh,
> Sorry I've been absent for awhile, but I'm looking for something else to
> hack on now.
> I went to the Goals/Bug list, and both were empty. Has this been moved or is
> this no longer being used?
>
> -thanks.

Hi! Yes, we've fallen off the wagon in terms of the goals lists. I hope
to get back on soon, but it's just at hope level at the moment.

The bug tracker is still in active use -- https://openhatch.org/bugs/ --
and you'll find a bunch of things to do there, as always.

Is there a particular part of the codebase you want to hack on? If so,
or even if not, I can try to recommend some good tasks in a couple of
hours. (Currently typing from a phone, which makes it harder.)

You might have seen that we factored oh-bugimporters out of the main
codebase. If you want to try adding a new importer (e.g. pulling bugs in
from Jira), that could be a reasonably-sized project that you could
"own", which is often lower friction than fiddling with existing code to
make it do something mre correctly.

The other thing is you could submit pull requests that simply remove
unused code. For example, mysite/senseknocker/*. What is that still
doing there? (in oh-mainline)

Let me know what you think! (-: And if you want other uggestions,
just ask and they will be yours.