[OH-Dev] Announcing the FOSS Contribution Guide, on labs.openhatch.org

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Oct 3 23:23:18 UTC 2012

Hello all devel-ers,

A little bit ago, Karen made an interactive, clickable guide to guide
people through their first contribution to FLOSS. We used it quite
successfully at the JHU open-source-comes-to-campus workshop, and intend
to at an upcoming event at UIUC.

With her blessing, it's now an OpenHatch project. That means that
contributions are welcome, and this is the place to discuss it.

It's a very simple collection of static HTML and JavaScript. Kudos to her
for the elegant engineering.

Stable URL for it: http://labs.openhatch.org/foss-contrib-guide/

Github link: https://github.com/openhatch/howto-contribute-to-foss

More info about where it's hosted:
https://openhatch.org/wiki/Static_site_hosting

(Yes, that's right -- there's a new thing called "labs.openhatch.org"! If
you have other cool ideas, and you want 'em to be part of OpenHatch, let's
see more projects there!)

(Eventually we might move this guide to a different URL. On that day,
labs-dot can have a redirect there.)