[OH-Dev] State of oh-bugimporters

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 15 00:33:27 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Wed Nov 14 18:56:41 -0500 2012:
> Hello develers!
>
> I've just fixed two small issues that were preventing Launchpad bug data
> from being properly downloaded from projects.
>
> With that fixed, we "only" need to fix up the Bugzilla bug importer, and
> then we'll finally have this rewrite finished, and all the bugs on
> https://openhatch.org/search/ will be up to date.
>
> Ticket: http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue783
>
> Turns out ~50% of the bugs in our bug database are from Bugzilla-based
> trackers, so this is pretty key. Luckily now, the rest of the framework is
> now quite firmly in place. (Arguably, porting Bugzilla to the new
> framework *last* wasn't a great decision, but the good news is I think
> we've worked out all the kinks in the API, and Bugzilla is the
> biggest/most complex tracker to support, so we got to make those mistakes
> on the other trackers.)
>
> Bugzilla tests can be found in mysite/customs/tests.py in oh-mainline, and
> should be "relatively straightforward" to port.
>
> Does someone else happen to want to take point on this? If not, I'll
> probably dive into it soon, like starting 24 hours from now.

Issues that Mark Holmquist ran into when adding a project from Github:

* Bug importer for Github assumes the name of the tracker in our UI (in
his case, "Etherpad Lite on Github"
<http://openhatch.org/customs/edit/github/Etherpad%20Lite%20on%20GitHub>
) == the project name for the project (in his case, "Etherpad Lite"
<http://openhatch.org/+projects/Etherpad%20Lite>). They don't match, so
the importer crashes. (I just filed a bug for this:
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue785 )

* When one fixes up the data manually so it imports, success! But...

* When one visits the Etherpad Lite tracker page, now the page crashes
with Error 500, because somehow when editing the page, Mark managed to
create two objects with that name. (Due to the 'revision' module? Not
sure.) Bug filed: http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue786

* Also, when visiting
https://openhatch.org/+projects/Etherpad%20Lite we happily see there is
a "Volunteer opportunity matching Etherpad Lite (1)". But when we click
the link, we see 0 opportunities. This is due to a (bitesize! I think)
bug: http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue725

Okay, so "we're getting there"
<http://z1.ifrm.com/7050/21/0/p1009380/Septa_We_re_Getting_There.jpg>.

The bug in http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue725 in particular should be
pretty bitesize, for anyone who wants to tackle it. That part of the
codebase has a lot of test coverage! We could, alternatively, just not
generate links with quotation marks around the query, but I think it's
best fixed in the query parser to make the query execution more lenient.
Take a look at e.g. mysite/search/tests.py "class SingleTerm".