[OH-Dev] [issue780] When blog posts hit Facebook, they have WORDPRESS_TITLE all over them

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Nov 5 19:01:48 UTC 2012

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org> added the comment:

You can see at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object?
q=https%3A%2F%2Fopenhatch.org%2Fblog%2F2012%2F that , with my changes to
https://github.com/paulproteus/oh-wordpress-theme and corresponding changes to oh-
mainline <https://github.com/openhatch/oh-
mainline/commit/b776a189f7e695b690751c273723115d1bf049cd> the debug output is
happy.

Also, you can see that now at e.g. https://openhatch.org/blog/2012/getting-
students-involved-in-open-source-at-johns-hopkins/ the <link rel="canonical">
points to the page in question, not to the theme stub.

vu2srk, thanks for pushing this forward! I'll leave it 'need-review' until we make
another post and can test that Facebook handled it properly. Once we make a blog
post, the proof will be in the pudding.

Also, this Facebook issue identified a important issue in our theme, so I'm glad to
see that it was a vendor-agnostic issue in our code.

status: chatting -> need-review