[OH-Dev] My apologies for an SSL SNAFU

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed May 23 23:05:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Our SSL certificate expired a few hours ago, so if you try to visit
https://openhatch.org/ you'll get a big terrifying error message. That's
my fault for not renewing it in time, and I wanted to send a note
apologizing for it.

Sorry about that.

I've filed to get a new SSL cert, and also we should add SSL cert
freshness monitoring to Nagios or Jenkins.

The current process is stalled waiting for gandi.net to forward along
emails according to their configuration, but gandi.net is undergoing
maintenance at the moment.

https://twitter.com/#!/gandibar/status/205420823803203585

Humph. Sorry. Future SSL and domain renewals will be handled much more in
advance to allow for problems like this with plenty of lead time.