[OH-Dev] Problem solved for now -- Re: Trying to Use Form Validation in Class Based Generic Views

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Mar 27 18:45:06 UTC 2012

Excerpts from Nathan Yergler's message of Tue Mar 27 14:31:38 -0400 2012:
> For some reason I thought the patch was already applied. Happy to look
> at it again and push it. What's the preferred way to do that? Github
> pull request? Gitorious merge request? Something else?

Preferred way to receive contributions: Either

* Github pull request, or
* format-patch file sent to the mailing list

You sent plain-old 'git diff' output, which means git can't track the authorship
(and I want to give you credit!). (-:

You sent two patches:

* dont_clobber.patch -- superceded by jacquies' work

* form_views.patch -- this seems not be applied. This patch e.g. converts
  MissionBaseView into MissionBaseMixin.

The latter patch is a good plan, and needs to be refreshed against current
origin/master. I presume you'll do that as part of writing the documentation
this weekend, since we haven't adjusted the world to your perspective. If you
want to land such a patch before then, re-send it as refreshed against
origin/master, either as a Github.com pull request a format-patch file to
the list!

Sorry to be unclear before. I really appreciate your clear thinking about
this use of Django.